JOSEPH A. RUTA Mr. Ruta is a Partner of Ruta Soulios & Stratis LLP. His practice focuses on litigation involving tort and business law, as well as corporate and commercial matters. Mr. Ruta is licensed to practice in New York and New Jersey. After graduating Valedictorian of Marist College in 1989, Mr. Ruta attended Brooklyn Law School as a Richardson Scholar and graduated in 1992 with A JD. While in law school Mr. Ruta had the privilege of clerking for the Honorable Harold Baer, Jr.
During Mr. Ruta’s career he has tried and won cases in both state courts and major arbitration forums in the New York metropolitan area. He has successfully represented individuals and corporations in scores of cases involving all manner of torts, contracts and other commercial matters.
Areas of Practice
- New York, 1993
- New Jersey, 1994
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. Suprepe Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D. 1992
- Marist College, B.S. – Valedictorian
Associations & Memberships
- Mr. Ruta has served as the President of the NYC Chapter of the Christian Legal Society since 2001.
- In October of 2008 he was elected to the Board of Directors of Christian Legal Society.
- Brooklyn, New York, October 1967