We handle maritime and admiralty personal injury claims against cruise lines and related companies. Representation may be available for passengers and crew members injured by accidents, assaults or illnesses while on cruise ships.
Cruise lines owe a non-delegable duty to protect their passengers from crew-member assaults and safely transport their cruise passengers. And unlike most defendants, cruise lines are often vicariously liable for the intentional wrongful acts of their crew members, whether or not the acts were committed within the scope of employment. We provide our clients with the knowledge and expertise required to fully protect their rights as passengers or employees of a cruise line.
If you or a member of your family were injured on a cruise ship and need a Cruise Ship Injury Lawyer, please contact us for a free initial consultation.
When you need a lawyer, get the BIG GUNZTM
Accidents and Illness
Cruise ship accidents and claims involve a part of maritime law that pertains to cruise ships only. While much of the general maritime law has general application to cruise ship matters, there are special laws that apply only to cruise ships. For example, cruise lines often limit the time within which a passenger may file a lawsuit against the cruise line to one year, even though the normal statute of limitations (time period to file a lawsuit) is generally three years (depending on the jurisdiction).
If you are injured while on a cruise line or you believe you contracted or suffered from an illness while on a cruise line, you need an experienced attorney who can navigate your claim through difficult waters.
Sexual Harassment and Assault on a Cruise Ship
We represent passengers and crew members who have been sexually harassed or assaulted on cruise ships, and we are able to handle even the most complex cases against the largest cruise line companies. These cases involve attacks by both passengers and crew members upon other passengers and crew members
General maritime laws, as well as state and federal law, impose strict liability on a cruise line company for sexual assault and sexual battery. Also, if a passenger or crewmember participates in any sexual act with a minor under the age of sixteen, this person has committed sexual assault or rape, regardless of whether the victim gave their "consent."
If you or a family member were sexually harassed or assaulted on a cruise ship, please contact us for a free initial consultation.
What to do if you are sexually assaulted on a cruise line:
- Immediately report the incident to the cruise line security.
- Go to the ship’s medical center or infirmary immediately for treatment of any physical injuries.
- Make sure you obtain the names of all crew members involved, including the perpetrator (if possible), security officer(s) and medical staff.
- Make sure you obtain all the names and contact information of any passengers or crew members that may have witnessed the assault or have any knowledge whatsoever about it.
- Report the assault to the Federal Bureau of Investigations
- Go immediately to the nearest hospital’s rape treatment center or emergency room.
- Take photographs of any visible injuries and the area of your body where the assault occurred.
- Seek psychological counseling.
- The International Cruise Victims Association represents victims of crimes on cruise ships, their families and friends, and individuals concerned about the problems of victimization and disappearances on cruise ships. With several hundred members, the organization advocates for legislative reform to protect passengers from crimes and increase the rights of victims of crimes that do occur on cruise ships, and provides support to victims of crimes occurring on cruise ships. The goal of the organization is to contribute to a growing cruise industry where passengers and crew members are safe and secure from victimization while onboard a cruise ship.
- Cruise Ship Rape & Sexual Assault Support Center is a forum dedicated to the female and male victims of rape and sexual assault on cruise lines.
Have you or someone you know been involved in a cruise ship injury and is seeking compensation? Our experienced and knowledgeable cruise ship injury lawyer can help you with your legal claim today!
If you or a family member were injured from a cruise ship injury call an experienced cruise ship injury lawyer at 212-725-8500.